At John Guest we believe that good people make good products. In line with this, we place great importance in the career and skills development of all who work at the company. Listed below are the roles that we are currently looking for. Should you have an interest in any of the positions or would simply like more information, please contact us and our HR department will get back to you shortly.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the current vacancies, please forward your CV to [email protected] detailing the position for which you wish to apply, or alternatively, telephone 01895 425325 for an application form.
If you wish to apply for an apprenticeship, please visit here.
AREA SALES MANAGERS
Covering the following areas:
SOUTH EAST – North London & Middlesex
Committed to the growth of John Guest our objective is to expand innovative solutions for end users in the Plumbing Industry and are now seeking a dynamic individual to join our sales force. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager daily, this role involves:
- Targeting and calling upon the UK’s top plumbing contractors and developers to create demand
- Building relationships and calling upon a network of trade stockists
- Promoting and develop sales of new product ranges
The ideal candidate will have a sound commercial background with proven history of new business achievements. Applicants need to be articulate, numerate, have the ability to achieve management objectives and show initiative. A good knowledge of the plumbing industry would be advantageous but not essential.
IT PROJECT MANAGER
37 HOURS PER WEEK
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience of project management within an IT setting.
- Experience of system delivery
- Able to demonstrate evidence of creating, deploying and management of processes, tools and frameworks to delivery change.
- Able to gain specifications from end users, configured and implemented solutions in line with user requirements.
- Ability to work within set deadlines and short timeframes.
- Previous experience of creating documentation and procedures or guidelines for ERP and other systems.
- Experience of governance implementation.
- Confident understanding of project methodology.
- Experience of change management.
- Previous knowledge of testing data protection solutions.
- Excellent and clear communicator who can interact regularly and comfortably across various departments.
- Able to take a collaborative approach to solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
TEMPORARY MACHINE OPERATOR/ASSEMBLER/PACKER
LATE SHIFT – 3PM – 11PM
Duties will include:
- Hand and machine packing
- Use of product scanners
- Counting all work to ensure it is accurately packed
- Adhering to company and departmental procedures
- Assembly of plastic components (as and when required)
- Carrying out additional tasks to ensure the efficiency of the department
Candidates are required to have good verbal and written communication skills and should be capable of lifting boxes weighing up to 20 kilos. Experience within a packing/warehouse environment would be advantageous.
TEST LAB ENGINEER
DAY SHIFT 7AM – 3:30PM
Working with product development, you will test our new products to ensure that they meet our stringent performance requirements and standards. This will include interpreting test standards into our internal test methods.
Daily tasks to be performed are testing to both our internal specifications and international standards, accurate recording of test data, generating test reports and liaising with our design and development teams.
To join us, you should have a good understanding of product testing using a scientific and data oriented approach, preferably gained in a similar industry.
Experience in setting up and performing tests covering Pressure, Flow, Tensile Testing and Chemical compatibility will be useful. You must be analytical and detailed in your work and most importantly, flexible and capable of learning fast.
TEMPORARY MACHINE OPERATOR/ASSEMBLER
DAY SHIFT 7AM – 3PM
LATE SHIFT 3PM – 11PM
Applicants with nimble fingers who can operate light, clean, small machines and also hand assemble our range of plastic components, are needed for our very modern factory. Applicants are required to have good verbal and written communication skills and previous assembly experience would be advantageous.
DAY SHIFT (7AM- 7PM)
Supporting all operations after the moulding process ,you will ensure orders are completed on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards.
With a wide-ranging remit, you will separate, inspect and weigh components, sort by material type and colour, and label and palletise for use by the Regrind Department.
You will possess a high standard of numeracy, impressive attention to detail, the ability to work on your own initiative and a responsible and flexible approach. You must be able to follow instructions closely and actively maintain the highest Health & Safety standards. Experience of working in a factory environment would be advantageous.
We offer a clean, modern, working environment, together with a competitive salary
TEMPORARY SHIPPING ADMINISTRATOR
Experience is necessary to deal with the administration of client orders, the raising of computerised sales invoices, arranging shipment of products, liaising with freight forwarders and notifying clients of despatch details.
The successful candidate will have a background in shipping administration, export or customer services and will be computer literate with keyboard skills. In addition to an attractive salary, benefits include pension and life assurance schemes and a subsidised restaurant.
TEMPORARY MATERIALS HANDLER
DAY SHIFT 7AM – 3PM
You will be responsible for movement of work in the packing department and report to the Department Supervisor. The role involves loading machines with the correct products to ensure continuous running, keeping all machines supplied with the correct consumable items and bulk, hand and machine packing when required. You will fully understand works order routing, be responsible for quality and accuracy of work and adhere to hourly visual checks and documentation.
GENERAL HAND/ BULK PACKER
LATE SHIFT (3PM – 11PM)
Reporting directly to the Department Supervisor you will be responsible for the bulk packing of products.
Your primary job functions will be:
- Bulk, hand and machine packing when required
- Weigh and count all work accurately
- Able to fully understand works order routing
- Adhere to company and departmental procedures
TECHNICAL ENGINEER – PLASTIC MOULDING DEPARTMENT
DAY SHIFT 8AM – 4:30PM (MONDAY – FRIDAY)
Duties will involve:
- Completing moulding machine and ancillary equipment repairs, ensuring all equipment meets current Health and Safety Standards
- Controlling stock levels of all replacement parts
- Specification and Installation of new equipment
- The Planned Preventative System with suppliers
The ideal candidate will be qualified in electrical work, hydraulics and general maintenance.
LONGSHOT LANE, BRACKNELL
DAY SHIFT (7am to 3.30pm)
LATE SHIFT (2pm to 10.30pm)
Playing an important part in our busy warehouse, you will pick and process customer orders quickly and accurately, whilst resolving any queries with the Supervisor and provide general assistance including heavy lifting and movement of products around the warehouse. Experience in a similar environment is essential. Naturally, you will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach and committed to providing a high quality, responsive service.
LATE SHIFT 2PM -10:30PM
Essential to the day-to-day operation of a successful manufacturing company we now require an additional cleaner. Areas worked will cover factory floor, yard and toilet facilities, duties will also include moulding machine cleaning, ladder work and heavy lifting. A flexible and positive attitude to working is essential.
WEST DRAYTON & HAYES
DAY SHIFT (7AM -3:30PM)
Drivers licence essential as the position is based between West Drayton and Hayes. Half a shift at West Drayton, Half a shift at Hayes. Essential to the day-to-day operation of a successful manufacturing company we now require an additional cleaner. Areas worked will cover factory floor, yard and toilet facilities, duties will also include moulding machine cleaning, ladder work and heavy lifting.
A flexible and positive attitude to working is essential.
If you wish to apply for an apprenticeship, please visit here.