At John Guest we believe that good people make good products. In line with this, we place great importance in the career and skills development of all who work at the company. Listed below are the roles that we are currently looking for. Should you have an interest in any of the positions or would simply like more information, please contact us and our HR department will get back to you shortly.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the current vacancies, please forward your CV to [email protected] detailing the position for which you wish to apply, or alternatively, telephone 01895 425325 for an application form.
AREA SALES MANAGER
Committed to growth, our objective is to expand innovative solutions for end users in the Plumbing Industry. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager daily, this role involves:
- Targeting and calling upon the UK’s top plumbing contractors and developers to create demand
- Building relationships and calling upon a network of trade stockists
- Promoting and develop sales of new product ranges
The ideal candidate will have a sound commercial background with proven history of new business achievements. Applicants need to be articulate, numerate, have the ability to achieve management objectives and show initiative. A good knowledge of the plumbing industry would be advantageous but not essential.
TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
Covering the following areas: Bristol, Cornwall, Devon Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, South & Mid Wales, Somerset and Worcestershire.
The main duties of this role are as follows:
- To provide education, training and technical support to developers, contractors, key accounts and colleges alike.
- Provide technical support and back up to the Sales force.
- To support our installer customer base with the installation and best practice when using Speedfit products.
- To support our merchant customer base regarding enquiries for our product ranges.
- Site calling to search out new opportunities.
- Attending trade events to promote our product ranges.
The ideal candidate will have a plumbing background (qualified to NVQ3 or equivalent), live within Gloucestershire or Herefordshire, as well as a desire to contribute to a team effort in a commercial environment and possess a full driving licence.
BULK PACKER/GENERAL HAND
LATE SHIFT (3.00PM TO 11.00PM) MONDAY TO FRIDAY
Reporting directly to the Department Supervisor you will be responsible for the bulk packing of products. Your primary job functions will be:
- Bulk, hand and machine packing when required
- Weigh and count all work accurately
- Able to fully understand works order routing
- Adhere to company and departmental procedures
Longshot Lane, Bracknell
Day Shift – (7am to 3.30pm)
Playing an important part in our busy warehouse, you will pick and process customer orders quickly and accurately, whilst resolving any queries with the Supervisor and provide general assistance including heavy lifting and movement of products around the warehouse. Experience in a similar environment is essential. Naturally, you will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach and committed to providing a high quality, responsive service.
8.00AM TO 4.30PM (MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
Working within a small team you will be working on new and existing Web-based applications to support our business processes. These include manufacturing systems, sales and purchase order processing, warehousing, file management and some client facing applications.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with proven Application experience and a good depth of knowledge. As a skilled developer, you should be able to contribute ideas and demonstrate your passion to the team. You would be expected to work as both a valued team member and individually, to achieve targets and drive projects forward.
Our existing software makes extensive use of Zend Framework, together with JQuery /JQuery UI and therefore we require proven skills in these areas.
- MVC Framework, preferably Zend Framework or similar.
- Object-based PHP 5.
- AJAX / JSON.
- MySQL, including use of stored procedures.
- Strong HTML and CSS.
- UNIX / Linux.
- Version Control, preferably Mercurial / SVN.
- Sublime or similar IDE.
- Debugging tools such as Firebug