At John Guest we believe that good people make good products. In line with this, we place great importance in the career and skills development of all who work at the company. Listed below are the roles that we are currently looking for. Should you have an interest in any of the positions or would simply like more information, please contact us and our HR department will get back to you shortly.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the current vacancies, please forward your CV to Personnel@johnguest.co.uk detailing the position for which you wish to apply, or alternatively, telephone 01895 425325 for an application form.
AREA SALES MANAGERS
Covering the following areas:
CENTRAL – Derbyshire, South Staffordshire and South Yorkshire
SOUTH EAST – North London & Middlesex
Committed to the growth of John Guest our objective is to expand innovative solutions for end users in the Plumbing Industry and are now seeking a dynamic individual to join our sales force. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager daily, this role involves:
- Targeting and calling upon the UK’s top plumbing contractors and developers to create demand
- Building relationships and calling upon a network of trade stockists
- Promoting and develop sales of new product ranges
The ideal candidate will have a sound commercial background with proven history of new business achievements. Applicants need to be articulate, numerate, have the ability to achieve management objectives and show initiative. A good knowledge of the plumbing industry would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to market support material for John Guest Companies worldwide. This will include exhibitions, (including designing graphic materials and displays and moving presentations/ animations); catalogues and other sales support literature and advertisements. The main duties of this role will be:
- Design catalogues, brochures and other sales support material, prepares work to be submitted to printers, briefs and liaises with printers to ensure material is delivered on time and to standard.
- Design exhibition graphics for exhibition stands worldwide, liaises with and briefs exhibition contractors and suppliers.
- Produce on screen presentations and animations for exhibitions and sales presentations.
- Prepare collateral for exhibitions, install smaller stands where required and liaise with contractors for larger exhibition stands.
- Develop new and innovative ways of presenting sales display and presentation material, using ‘Flash’, ‘After – Effects’, and other state of the art software. Briefs and directs media specialists to ensure such material is converted to selected format(s).
- Produce on-screen graphics for JG websites and other digital mediums.
- Offer support and advice to work experience students where necessary.
- Assist and direct photo shoots at photographic studio to produce a library of product photography. Direct photo shoots on site to produce a library of ‘in situ’ photographs of company products.
- Assist and directs smaller scale photo shoots in house.
- Re touch photographs and maintain photograph library.
- Liaises with JG personnel and with JG customers worldwide to provide photo and text material and technical support to aid production of promotional material.
- Provide technical support and knowledge of software and hardware to JG personnel and customers worldwide.
Day Shift (8.00am to 4.30pm)
- Previous Management experience is essential for this role along with previous experience of ISO 9001/Auditing/Problem Solving Techniques/SPC and Plastic Processing Techniques.
- Experience of plumbing and automotive industries preferred.
EVENING SHIFT PRODUCTION MANAGER
2:30PM – 11PM
Previous management experience is essential for this role.
DAY SHIFT – 8.00AM – 4.30PM
Previous Quality Engineering/Inspection/Auditing/Product Certification Experience Desirable.
Previous Injection Moulding/Ultrasonic Welding/Electronics Experience Beneficial.
JUNIOR SETTER (SETTER/ IMPROVER)
DAY SHIFT – 6AM – 2.30PM
Due to the specialist nature of the machines full training will be given to the right candidate. Applicants should be able to demonstrate good mechanical skills, will ideally have an engineering or manufacturing background.
We offer a clean, modern working environment, together with a competitive salary.
NIGHT SHIFT (22.00HRS TO 06.30HRS)
- Hands on role to include supervising the inspection team.
- Previous supervisory experience advantageous.
- To be able to liaise with management and production across various factories.
IT SECURITY SPECIALIST
To analyse security breaches and repair or strengthen systems against such breaches. Configure and maintain company IT security systems including (but not limited to) firewalls, remote access, endpoint protection and centralised logging.
- Ensure that the IT Department procedures are adhered to at all times
- Keep up-to-date with latest best practice on information security
- Analyse security breaches and repair or strengthen systems against such breaches
- Undertake security audits of IT security systems, assets and controls
- Analyse and assess potential security risks to company information systems
- Administer and monitor endpoint protection system(s)
- Maintain and deploy firewalls, remote access system, centralised logging systems.
- Ensure compliance and certification to relevant standards
- Organise and coordinate vulnerability assessment and penetration tests, liaising with IT Manager and others.
Design, development and deployment of web-based software in line with departmental and Company specifications.
- Ensure that the IT Department procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and enhance existing web-based software and associated databases such as our FileX application, our Intranet site, JG Sales Call and our CRM System.
- Work with other members of the Development Team to design and develop new web-based databases and software.
- Ensure the security of all our software assets via appropriate use of source control software.
- Review existing and planned software applications with end users.
- Document and record changes.
1 X 24/7 NIGHT SHIFT – 6.45PM – 7AM
1 X 24/7 DAY SHIFT – 6.45 AM – 7PM
We are looking for people to work in our busy Extrusion Department, packing straight lengths and coiled pipes. Candidates are required to have to have good verbal and written communication skills and must be physically fit as lifting is involved .
Longshot Lane, Bracknell
Day Shift (7am to 3.30pm)
Late Shift (2pm to 10.30pm)
Night Shift (9.30pm – 6.00am)
Playing an important part in our busy warehouse, you will pick and process customer orders quickly and accurately, whilst resolving any queries with the Supervisor and provide general assistance including heavy lifting and movement of products around the
warehouse. Experience in a similar environment is essential. Naturally, you will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach and committed to providing a high quality, responsive service.
GENERAL PRODUCTION HAND
NIGHT SHIFT – 18.45PM – 7AM
To join us, you must have initiative, a positive attitude and good verbal and written communication skills. You should also be committed to working nights – experience of night shifts(ideally a continental 24-7 shift pattern) would be ideal. Used to working in a stock control or a warehouse environment, you will have a forklift licence (counterbalance) and a good level of physical fitness, as some lifting is involved.
DAY SHIFT – 6AM – 2:30PM
The successful candidate will be responsible for the movement of stock and work in progress from Factory to Factory around the West Drayton site using a forklift. They will also be required to cover and support within Goods In as required. Previous fork lift experience and a full driving license is essential for this role.
7.5 TONNE VEHICLE DRIVER
Longshot Lane, Bracknell
Day Shift (7am – 3:30pm)
The driver’s primary job will be delivering products across the UK and will require overnight stays in a sleeper cab. Drivers are also required to help with the movement of product between our sites at Bracknell, Maidenhead, West Drayton and Hayes.
The ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative is important.
A Drivers CPC Card and a Digital Drivers Card are an essential requirement to be able to apply for this position.
Previous security experience is essential, along with a vettable 10 year work history. An SIA licence would be advantageous and you must meet SIA criteria. Own transport and a full (clean) driving licence are essential. Uniform will be provided.
We offer the following:
- Competitive hourly rate
- 31 days holiday per annum
- Personal pension scheme
- Career development training
You will be required to work day and night shifts, with an average working week of 42 hours. The shift pattern is over 28 days as follows: 2 days, 2 days off, 3 days, 2 days off, 2 days, 3 days off, 2 nights, 2 nights off, 3 nights, 2 nights off, 2 nights, 3 nights off.