At John Guest we believe that good people make good products. In line with this, we place great importance in the career and skills development of all who work at the company. Listed below are the roles that we are currently looking for. Should you have an interest in any of the positions or would simply like more information, please contact us and our HR department will get back to you shortly.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the current vacancies, please forward your CV to [email protected] detailing the position for which you wish to apply, or alternatively, telephone 01895 425325 for an application form.
If you wish to apply for an apprenticeship, please visit here.
AREA SALES MANAGERS
Covering the following areas:
CENTRAL – Derbyshire, South Staffordshire and South Yorkshire
SOUTH EAST – North London & Middlesex
Committed to the growth of John Guest our objective is to expand innovative solutions for end users in the Plumbing Industry and are now seeking a dynamic individual to join our sales force. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager daily, this role involves:
- Targeting and calling upon the UK’s top plumbing contractors and developers to create demand
- Building relationships and calling upon a network of trade stockists
- Promoting and develop sales of new product ranges
The ideal candidate will have a sound commercial background with proven history of new business achievements. Applicants need to be articulate, numerate, have the ability to achieve management objectives and show initiative. A good knowledge of the plumbing industry would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join a Design Team within our Marketing Communications Department. The roll requires a good all rounder comfortable with using the Adobe Creative Suit and WordPress CMS. You will be working across Printed and digital mediums and be given good opportunities for growth.
- Ideally the candidate would have at least 2-3 years experience and be comfortable seeing through work from initial concept to production.
- Design catalogues, brochures and other sales support material, prepares work to be submitted to printers and ensures material is delivered on time and to standard.
- Design graphics for exhibition stands worldwide, liaises with and briefs exhibition contractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of building HTML emails would be advantageous.
- Produce presentations and animations for exhibitions and sales presentations.
- Help develop new and innovative ways of presenting sales display and presentation material.
- Produce graphics for JG websites and other digital mediums
- Assist, direct and retouch internal and external photography, maintaining an image database.
- Liaises with JG personnel and with JG customers worldwide to provide image and text material and technical support to aid production of promotional material.
- Be comfortable and willing to assist in Ad-hoc duties
IT PROJECT MANAGER
37 HOURS PER WEEK
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience of project management within an IT setting.
- Experience of system delivery
- Able to demonstrate evidence of creating, deploying and management of processes, tools and frameworks to delivery change.
- Able to gain specifications from end users, configured and implemented solutions in line with user requirements.
- Ability to work within set deadlines and short timeframes.
- Previous experience of creating documentation and procedures or guidelines for ERP and other systems.
- Experience of governance implementation.
- Confident understanding of project methodology.
- Experience of change management.
- Previous knowledge of testing data protection solutions.
- Excellent and clear communicator who can interact regularly and comfortably across various departments.
- Able to take a collaborative approach to solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
TEMPORARY MACHINE OPERATOR/ASSEMBLER
LATE SHIFT 3PM – 11PM
NIGHT SHIFT 11PM – 7AM
Applicants with nimble fingers who can operate light, clean, small machines and also hand assemble our range of plastic components, are needed for our very modern factory. Applicants are required to have good verbal and written communication skills and previous assembly experience would be advantageous.
TEMPORARY MATERIALS HANDLER
DAY SHIFT 7AM – 3PM
You will be responsible for movement of work in the packing department and report to the Department Supervisor. The role involves loading machines with the correct products to ensure continuous running, keeping all machines supplied with the correct consumable items and bulk, hand and machine packing when required. You will fully understand works order routing, be responsible for quality and accuracy of work and adhere to hourly visual checks and documentation.
DAY SHIFT (7AM- 7PM)
We are looking for an experienced Setter to work in our busy Commissioning department to develop robust injection moulding processes for new tooling and solve issues with existing tooling. A positive and flexible approach is essential along with the ability to use your initiative.
The main requirements of this role are as follows:
- To set and optimise the injection moulding process to achieve the best processing conditions.
- Fault finding and troubleshooting of development and production processes.
- Maintain departmental records and reports.
- Provide support to tool design function when required.
- Provide support to production when required.
- To identify and arrange for rectification of defective equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess injection moulding qualifications such as an NVQ Level 3 and have worked in a development environment.
MACHINE OPERATOR/ GENERAL HAND
DAY SHIFT 7AM – 3PM (MONDAY – FRIDAY)
This role is responsible for product movement and packing of manufacturing parts.
Duties also include:
- The assembly of products manually and using automatic machines.
- You will be responsible for correctly weighing, packing and labelling manufactured parts as per order requirements, as well as assisting with stock movements throughout the department.
- Operating machines to achieve maximum output, whilst being responsible for quality checks and testing as well as ensuring that all works orders are accompanied by the correct documentation will be a significant part of the role.
- Experience of data entry and use of bar code readers would be advantageous.
- Ability to carry out work within Health & Safety requirements is essential.
- Relevant manufacturing experience is required.
TECHNICAL ENGINEER – PLASTIC MOULDING DEPARTMENT
DAY SHIFT 8AM – 4:30PM (MONDAY – FRIDAY)
Duties will involve:
- Completing moulding machine and ancillary equipment repairs, ensuring all equipment meets current Health and Safety Standards
- Controlling stock levels of all replacement parts
- Specification and Installation of new equipment
- The Planned Preventative System with suppliers
The ideal candidate will be qualified in electrical work, hydraulics and general maintenance.
NIGHT SHIFT 11PM – 7AM
Candidates must have a manufacturing background and will preferably have worked within a multi-tasked team operating high level machinery.
Duties will involve operating our modern pneumatic and cam operated automatic assembly machines within our automotive assembly department.
Key skills required:
- Experience in high volume automatic assembly
- Flexible approach to manufacturing
- Excellent document control
- Achieve excellent product quality
- Applicants must also have a familiarity working within a quality system, so that our exact quality requirements can be maintained.
GOODS IN ASSISTANT
DAY SHIFT (7AM- 3:30PM)
- Responsible for receiving goods entering the company and distributing goods with the GRN to the appropriate department.
- The successful candidate will be checking goods against advice notes to ascertain they are correct, along with booking all goods via the computer.
- They will be receiving and issuing consumable stock from factory stores, whilst also assisting with the distribution of items around the site when required.
- Full Driving License essential.
- Forklift Experience preferred.
- Experience in a similar role preferred.
LONGSHOT LANE, BRACKNELL
DAY SHIFT (7am to 3.30pm)
LATE SHIFT (2pm to 10.30pm)
NIGHT SHIFT (9.30pm – 6.00am)
Playing an important part in our busy warehouse, you will pick and process customer orders quickly and accurately, whilst resolving any queries with the Supervisor and provide general assistance including heavy lifting and movement of products around the warehouse. Experience in a similar environment is essential. Naturally, you will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach and committed to providing a high quality, responsive service.
If you wish to apply for an apprenticeship, please visit here.