At John Guest we believe that good people make good products. In line with this, we place great importance in the career and skills development of all who work at the company. Listed below are the roles that we are currently looking for. Should you have an interest in any of the positions or would simply like more information, please contact us and our HR department will get back to you shortly.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the current vacancies, please forward your CV to [email protected] detailing the position for which you wish to apply, or alternatively, telephone 01895 425325 for an application form.
TEST LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Mon – Fri 7.00am to 3.30pm West Drayton
You will play an important role in product development and quality control as you test product samples in line with written procedures and agreed working practices. This will involve setting up and performing tests, recording data and communicating results via detailed reports whilst carefully cataloguing all samples. To join us you will require a good understanding of scientific and laboratory procedures, ideally gained in a similar industrial environment. Proven ability to set up tests related to pressure, temperature and flow rates as well as maintaining test related equipment in working condition would be advantageous and the ideal candidate will be flexible, meticulous and have a keen eye for detail.
Mon – Fri 7.00am to 3.30pm
- End to end planning of jobs, working with Engineering, Production and Quality Departments i.e. producing Quality Control Plans and Manufacturing Routings and advising on design for manufacture.
- Verification and validation of new products, tooling, machinery and processes.
- Provide engineering support for Production and Quality Departments.
- Investigate problems, analyse root causes and provide solutions.
- Ensure product and process quality through monitoring and testing.
- Carry out routine departmental duties including maintenance of departmental records, dealing with telephone enquiries and attending meetings.
- To comply with all applicable work instructions operable within the organisation.
- To comply fully with all applicable Health & Safety regulations in operation within the Company whilst carrying out your duties.
- To carry out any reasonable task which falls within your capabilities
The successful candidate will have:
- a BSc / BEng in related Engineering discipline or suitable experience
- a wide ranging interest in Engineering
- a good understanding of manufacturing processes
- experience of tool making, plastic injection moulding, fixturing, inspection, testing and assembly
- a good understanding of engineering principles
- be able to plan workload to achieve deadlines
- a problem solver
- an enthusiastic self-starter
- a good communicator
- a team player
MACHINE OPERATOR/GENERAL HAND
7.00am to 7.00pm (28 day continental rota system (approx 41.125 hours per week)
This role is responsible for Manufactured Parts and Product Movement and your duties will include the assembly of products manually and using automatic machines. You will be responsible for quality checks and quality testing and ensuring that all works orders are accompanied by the correct documentation.
Operating the machines to achieve maximum output, you will report all deviations from the specification to the Supervisor or deputy and assist in the movement of work throughout the department. Carrying out duties within the department in accordance with all Health and Safety requirements is essential.
Previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
FORKLIFT TRUCK DRIVERS/GENERAL HANDS
Evening shift: 1 x 2pm to 10.30pm / 1 x 3pm to 11pm
You need to be hard working, self-motivated, flexible and able to work using your own initiative. With good communication skills and the ability to use computers and scanners, you will be responsible for all documentation required in respect of allocating, issuing and booking work in and out. With an understanding of works order routings, you will load packing machines with the ability to pack finished products by machine or hand. You will also be required to organise the loading of pallets for movement to other departments and the loading and unloading of work to vehicles.
Experience of driving a counterbalance forklift is an essential requirement for this role and you must possess a full UK driver’s licence.
Longshot Lane, Bracknell
Day Shift – 7.00am to 3.30pm
Playing an important part in our busy warehouse, you will pick and process customer orders quickly and accurately whilst resolving any queries with the Supervisor. You will provide general assistance including heavy lifting and movement of products around the warehouse.
You will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach and committed to providing a high quality, responsive service. Previous warehouse experience is essential for this role.