At John Guest we believe that good people make good products. In line with this, we place great importance in the career and skills development of all who work at the company. Listed below are the roles that we are currently looking for. Should you have an interest in any of the positions or would simply like more information, please contact us and our HR department will get back to you shortly.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the current vacancies, please forward your CV to Personnel@johnguest.co.uk detailing the position for which you wish to apply, or alternatively, telephone 01895 425325 for an application form.
TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
(To Cover Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South London)
Plumbing knowledge is essential and would suit someone with a sales/technical background.
We are looking for an individual who would essentially have had a “hands on” plumbing background.
The role would involve advising installers of the “best practice” when installing the JG Speedfit range of products.
In addition, other duties would include calling on building sites, searching out new business opportunities, advising and preparing under floor heating estimates, and supervising installations to new customers, liaising and working with the area sales managers, and reporting in daily to the regional sales manager.
AREA SALES MANAGER
Eastern Region – which covers the following areas:
• Milton Keynes
• West Cambridgeshire
John Guest is a multi-national company and a world leader in the manufacture of advanced design push-in fittings. Committed to growth, our objective is to expand innovative solutions for end users in the Plumbing Industry. Ambitious plans have created vacancies for dynamic people to join our sales force. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager daily, this role involves:
- Targeting and calling upon the UK’s top plumbing contractors and developers
- Building relationships and calling upon a network of trade stockists
- Promote and develop sales of new product ranges
The ideal candidate will have a sound commercial background with proven history of new business achievements. Applicants need to be articulate, numerate and have the ability to achieve management objectives. A good knowledge of the plumbing industry would be advantageous but not essential, allied to the ability to show initiative. We offer a clean, modern, working environment, together with a competitive salary.
AUTOMATION SYSTEM DESIGN ENGINEER
Monday – Friday (7.00am to 3.30pm)
We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and reliable individual to join the Engineering team. The role is to work alongside mechanical, software and automation engineers and to assist them in the design, programming and commissioning of automation systems for special purpose assembly and test equipment.
You will be involved in a variety of projects that require attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines. The equipment is designed and manufactured internally for use in our world class manufacturing facilities. There will also be the requirement to provide technical support for the existing equipment in the production environment.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements;
- Qualified to HNC/HND or above in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic or Integrated Engineering
- Experience in “Automatic and Semi-automatic assembly machine” system design
- Experience and knowledge of PLC [Siemens,Toshiba] and robotic automation
- Ability to design PLC, SCADA & industrial Network solutions to suit projects/design specifications
- Knowledge of industrial networks and protocols such as, PROFIBUS, RS485, Ethernet IP etc
- In-depth knowledge of ladder logic programming
- Pragmatic, approachable, problem solver
- Experience of technical document production throughout the project lifecycle
- PC skills for documents, spreadsheets and databases
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Logical problem solving skills Flexible and capable of working across teams and independently to get the right results.
PRECISION TOOLROOM INSPECTOR
7.00am to 3.30pm (Monday to Friday)
Based at West Drayton
Providing component and tooling data for the
Engineering Department, your main responsibilities
will include the inspection of products in line with
John Guest specifications, using calibrated gauges
and equipment where necessary. Good organisational
and administration skills would be beneficial as you will
need to complete inspection paperwork and reports along
with other general departmental duties including
maintenance of records, handling telephone enquiries
and attending meetings.
You must have the ability to plan jobs effectively
and efficiently and be able to comply with work
instructions and Health & Safety regulations, operable
within the organisation, whilst carrying out your role.
(Press Tool and/or Mould Tool)
You will be responsible for the manufacture
and/or maintenance of mould and/or press tools
in our modern in-house tool room.
Ideally, you will be a time-served apprentice and
experienced within a tool room environment.
Monday to Friday – 7am to 3.30pm
John Guest are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to strengthen their production engineering department.
The ideal candidate will be working as a Process Engineer in the plastics industry and possess a good injection moulding qualification such as IMT NVQ Level 3 or G&A Technology or BPTA certification and preferably a related degree.
The main duties of this role are to:
- Lead injection moulding process development from commissioning through to manufacturing, developing robust injection moulding processes.
- Develop the commissioning process, implementing processing and tooling standards.
- Work closely with design and tool room to provide support to assist in tool design and layout.
- Liaise between tool design, process development setters and production throughout product life cycle.
- Provide training and support to engineering and production staff.
- A proven track record of process development within the plastics industry.
- A wide experience of engineering polymers across a range of industries.
- Use of DOE and Process Capability studies.
- Excellent communication and team working skills
INJECTION MOULDING SETTER/ SECTION LEADER
24/7 NIGHT SHIFT – 19.00HRS TO 07.00HRS
(28 day continental rota system (approx 40.25 hrs per wk)
You will need to prioritise work on a nightly basis and organise the shift and handover. The ideal candidate will possess good communication skills and a minimum of two years’ experience in setting Injection Moulding machines. You will also require experience of multi cavity tooling and hot runners.
Rotating, early & late Shift
This role will involve machining parts on lathes, mills and grinders.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate aptitude and an
interest in Engineering, full training will be provided.
Whilst training the successful candidate will work 0700hrs to 1530hrs.
Upon completion of training the hours of work will be:
Monday to Friday, rotating on a weekly basis (1 week early shift, 1 week late shift).
Early shift: 0600 hrs to 1430 hrs
Late Shift: 1400 hrs to 2230 hrs
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5pm)
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Executive to help re-enforce the brand leadership of its JG Speedfit plumbing brand. The role will involve active involvement in all areas of the Marketing Communications mix and also help compile Market information regarding the status of the product and system in the consumer’s mind. It is expected for the candidate to be able to project
manage campaigns through idea generation to execution. The individual will closely liaise with other members of the Marketing Communications department but also the sales and technical team. The role will involve a variety of different tasks, from the writing of new case studies, to planning an appropriate point of sale mix and the writing of product launch campaigns.
- Marketing qualifications and experience of a Marketing Communications based role would be advantageous.
- An understanding of the key markets that John Guest trades would be helpful.
- An ability to discuss projects with sales teams and other members of the John Guest group.
- Good writing skills and planning skills are essential.
- Excellent organisational skills.