At John Guest we believe that good people make good products. In line with this, we place great importance in the career and skills development of all who work at the company. Listed below are the roles that we are currently looking for. Should you have an interest in any of the positions or would simply like more information, please contact us and our HR department will get back to you shortly.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the current vacancies, please forward your CV to [email protected] detailing the position for which you wish to apply, or alternatively, telephone 01895 425325 for an application form.
(BASED AT WEST DRAYTON)
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.00AM TO 5.30PM (5.00PM FINISH ON FRIDAYS)
John Guest is currently looking for a talented Junior to mid weight designer to join their successful in-house marketing communications team based in West Drayton, London.
- Be comfortable working in digital or printed Work from concept to final artwork delivery
- Collaborate within the design team to produce original design to a high standard
- Work to brand and corporate guidelines when relevant
- Provide high quality retouching of images and photography when needed
- Good typography/layout skills
- Some experience designing across digital platforms for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Focused, accurate, with excellent attention to detail
- Confident, collaborative, and a true team player
- Show inspiration and passion for design with a keen willingness to learn fast and be an integral part of the team.
- Good Mac operator
- Fully conversant with all stages of publication production processes, including preparing and sending artwork to print.
- Comfortable liaising with internal stakeholders and third parties as required.
- Knowledge of video/animation skills would be advantageous
- Excellent CC skills, primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of WordPress beneficial but not essential
- Some knowledge of HTML would be beneficial but not essential
- Good Mac operator
- Knowledge of video/animation editing skills
MON-THURS 0800HRS TO 1630HRS &
FRI 0800 TO 1600 HRS
The main duties of this role will be to update the parts masterfile, routings, bill of materials and production methods, ensuring accurate costs are recorded.
You will also be required to maintain audit records of all modifications, administer new product introductions and raise trial batch works orders for new products. The ideal candidate will be computer literate and be competent in Word & Excel. Good numeracy and organisational skills are essential for this role along with excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Previous experience in an administrative role would be advantageous
INTERNATIONAL SALES MANAGER
(BASED AT WEST DRAYTON)
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.00AM TO 5.30PM (5.00PM FINISH ON FRIDAYS) HOWEVER, FLEXIBILTY WILL BE REQUIRED.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A proven track record of achieving growth in their respective sales areas
- Be a strong new business generator in an International Sales environment.
- Be able to manage key accounts effectively
- Be results orientated
- Be highly motivated and be able to demonstrate strong, communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Able to clearly demonstrate using their initiative as well as being part of a team
- Be highly organised and able to prove that they can work with good attention to detail
- Experience of International Sales preferred
- Be prepared to travel within the UK and extensively abroad and therefore must possess a full drivers licence.
Monday to Friday – Night Shift (11pm to 7am)
The main requirements of this role are to operate light, clean, small machines and hand assemble our range of plastic components.
Applicants are required to have good verbal and written communication skills and any production or assembly experience would be advantageous.
MACHINE OPERATOR/GENERAL HAND
1 x Standard Night Shift (11pm to 7am) 1 x 24/7 Day Shift (7am to 7pm) 1 x Day shift (7.00am to 3.00pm)
This role is responsible for Manufactured Parts and Product Movement and your duties will include the assembly of products manually and using automatic machines.
You will be responsible for quality checks and quality testing and ensuring that all works orders are accompanied by the correct documentation. Operating the machines to achieve maximum output, you will report all deviations from the specification to the Supervisor or deputy and assist in the movement of work throughout the department.